The Plane Ride

It really turned out fine. We got packed just in time and as soon as we were going to leave a very kind man from our church (Mr. Roth ) came and asked us if we needed help packing.We told him that we were just leaving but we thanked him for his kindness. Well we left and another kind man from our church (Mr. Gerald Whitely) came and picked us up in a big bus and took us to the airport. We said our goodbyes and got our luggage checked in and got on the airplane. It is always scary on the first flight and everyone looks cool with it. I wonder how they look so calm? There were a lot of teens in the plane. They were annoying but at the same time amusing. When the plane started rolling one of the teens started freaking out,  it was funny. The plane took off and the rest of the plane rides will get easier.  Kate did not get sick on this flight. It was 2 hours so there was no food and Kate says that is mostly the reason why she gets sick. There were drinks but those don’t smell. We got to Newark airport and had some Subway and got on the next plane. It was 8 hours but they had TV. It was not that bad. I sat next to Dad. Kate took some medicine to help her. The flight was through the night and I slept 1 hour. I woke up to breakfast early in the morning - air plane food. :( We walked into the Brussels airport and got on the next flight, after freshening up. That flight was 6 hours. We watched movies. I ran out almost at the end, but I had my kindle so I watched a move on that and some episodes of a show. We were going to land in Douala, but the captain said that a tire of a plane on the Douala runway had popped. Later the tire lit on fire so we ended up going straight to Yaoundé which was exciting to the people going to Yaoundé, but not the rest of the people. We were pumped when we got into the airport of Yaoundé. It was night time and we drove to a hotel and had bread and coke for supper. Next morning I found out that at the airport my kindle was stolen. Mom and Dad thought that I lost it but I remembered putting it in my bag and Mom remembered looking for something and checking for it everywhere and did not see my kindle. My kindle was sitting at the top of my bag. People are very good at pick pocketing, but another man in our church (Mr. Tippit) is going to buy me another one. I hope God will repay his kindness. Well we drove all the way home and the Swansons and Needhams cleaned our house.We thank them too. We thank God for giving us a safe trip and for helping all our luggage to come in even though we had extra. Thank God and thank you for your prayers.                                     
-Faith

Comments

  1. Glad you are safe and sound at home although your Mimi really misses you. Stay sweet and keep writing because I enjoy ready the blogs. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading yalls blog!! It helps me feel close to you! You write so well! You should write a book!!! ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Missionary Pilot Tom Needham

Furlough Friends